Sunday, April 29, 2012

Europe Travel Scrapbook- Finished

After many months of effort..I finally finished my mega project- Our Europe Travel Scrapbook. This is like a dream project for me and I have invested a lot of time, ideas and not to forget....a lot of scraps!!

Its a book dedicated to two wonderful years of our stay in Germany and travelling in Europe. Its my most memorable two years. I have a page dedicated for each month, each trip and each event we enjoyed in that beautiful country. Its a Dream come true....All thanks to my Hubby!!

I used a prebound, plain white sheet book and hence the project involved some serious planning so not to miss anything and also to get the right hierarchy of events. I did my own backgrounds and layouts. Most of my embellishments are from the 'One Euro shops'. I believe in reusing and upcycling materials and make my own embellishments. Its kind of creating happiness in what you have on hand!!

I got introduced to scrapbooking through the net and from then on , have been seriously addicted. This is my 8th scrapbook. So far i had done only family and kids' scrapbook. This is my first travel scrapbook. I have been inspired by my ideas found on the 100s of creative blogs out here. Browsing through these blogs and sites taught me some interesting techniques.Thanks to all those who inspired me and continue to inspire me!


Here am happy to share a few pictures from my scrapbook. Hope my readers like them.

This is the Cover page. Free hand design on Canvas, fabric painted with chain stitched outline and embellished with store bought stickers and wooden word cut-outs.
Close up of my Scrapbook title


This page in memory of our trip to Paris.
Free hand cut outs, store bought embellishments, tickets and some gift wrappersheet and Origami sheet for background.

Close-up view. The oppsite side of these pages each show my detailed journalling and travelogues.
Some have pouches for more tickets/ souveniers and currencies.
This page is dedicated to our visit to Holland. And a picture from Holland has to have flowers around...isn't it??
Origami paper backgrounds, punched border, free hand cut flower motifs and reused fabric flowers, leaves and ribbons.


Close up of the flowers


After the bright Holland page, I wanted to keep the next page subtle for Prague trip memories. The borders are cut from wedding invitations and some left over blings from an old project.

Close-up view.


I have pages for every month we spent in Europe. This is for the month of August 2010 where we witnessed two interesting shows. I used up colorful tissue paer for background and did a flap for the two events.
The flaps open up to show the pictures and reveal my journalling.
This was the month we found a home for ourselves and so the free hand painted, watercolor background.
This was a pending project from our trip to Singapore in 2009. Plain water colored background, free hand drawn borders and  I used up some Singapore fabric cut outs to add the extra effect.



Had shared two more pages in an earlier post of mine.

These projects have been Super fun for me. Hope my readers like my layouts and ideas.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers 






2 comments:

refreshmemoirs said...

First time to your blog... This journal is really interesting ... Very innovative & very hard work + good amount of planning involved..
Very nice

Crafts Tutorials said...

Awesome!!! Very interesting blog!!!